1. Park Meeting ... There will be a community meeting to discuss all facets of the future 5-acre park at Project Renaissance on the 19 acre plot that used to be the Shallowford Hospital site. The meeting is tomorrow night, NOV 19, at the St Patrick's Episcopal Church starting at 7 PM. There will be a briefing at 7:15 PM prior to the open discussion. St Patrick's Church is located just across from the entrance to Brook Run Park on N. Peachtree Rd. This is everyone's opportunity to review a very basic design and put forth your inputs. Pls. make max effort to attend.
2. Meeting with DeKalb County (DC) CEO ... The DC CEO, Lee May, is coming to Dunwoody to meet with the citizens concerning the future of the DC CEO's position as well as other possible forms of government for DC. He usually covers a broad range of subjects that will be of interest to all of us. This is your chance to get the information first hand. The meeting is this Thursday, NOV 21, at Dunwoody High School (DHS) from 6:30 - 8:30 PM. It would be great to see the DHS auditorium packed with Dunwoody citizens.
3. Light Up Dunwoody ... This popular city wide event will happen this Sunday, NOV 24, at it usual location ... the Spruill Farm House ... at the corner of Mt Vernon Rd & Chamblee Dunwoody Rd ... from 3 - 6 PM. There will be events for all ages so bring the whole Family and be prepared to have an enjoyable time. The tree lighting ceremony itself will take place at 5:45PM. See you there.
4. Household Hazards' Waste Recycling Event ... Back by popular demand ... yes we will be bettered prepared than last time ... this event will take place on Saturday, DEC 14, at the Georgia Perimeter College, Parking Lot 11 (the turn in closes to DHS) from 11 AM to 2 PM. Below are some general guidelines for this event:
5. Dunwoody E-news Blast List ... To keep everyone better informed of what is going on in our city we now send out a "city weekly e-news blast." This goes out to all our citizens who are on the city email list. Currently that number is in the thousands. The following is the official information on why the e-news blast and how to sign up… "The City of Dunwoody is committed to encouraging and facilitating active citizen engagement. To keep up with everything going on in Dunwoody, you can sign up for weekly email updates at https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/DUNWOODYGA/subscriber/new
or check our website at http://www.dunwoodyga.gov"
6. Storm Sewers ... It is the season of the falling of the leaves. We have works hard to get all our storm sewer clean and in good working order .... notice that even with all the heavy rains of this year, we have not had any significant street flooding. To make sure our storm sewers continue in good working order please ensure that none of the leaves or other yard debris goes down storm sewer drains on our streets. Cleaning the storms sewer of yard debris uses our storm sewer dollars that can be put to better use replacing the older storm sewer pipes. Thanks.
7. Safety Item ...
a. We have folks passing our school buses when the buses are loading and unloading our school children and speeding in school zones. Folks these are basic mandatory laws that involves the safety of our schools children. Also, drivers are not always yielding to pedestrian in the crosswalks. These actions are dangerous as hell. We should all expect and ensure that we are in 100% compliance with these critical safety issues. Our children and our pedestrians thank you.