2. Sanitation Pick-Up … DeKalb County will start the “Once a Week” sanitation pick-up on Monday, July 6th. This means that everyone in DC will be on a “Once a Week” pick up schedule starting July 6th. You should have been notified of which day of the week is your pick-up but the general rule is it will be on the same day as your recycle pick-up has been occurring. Most of you should have your new trash containers but even if you haven't have received the new container the “Once a Week” pick-up will still start on July 6th. Concerning trash containers … everyone will initially get a 65 gallon green container. For those wanting either a 35 or 45 gallon container you can call DC Sanitation @ 404-294-2900 and put you name on the list to receive the size container you requested when it comes in stock. These containers are estimated to be in stock sometime this fall. When these containers do come in stock, DC will deliver the new container to your home and pick up the 65 gallon container from you. For those of you wanting 95 gallon green container or a 65 gallon blue recycle container you will have to wait until after OCT 1, 2015 to put your name on the list to get one … call the same Ph number as above. For each of these two containers there will be a one time $15 charge. A quick note on placement of any of these containers at the curb … there is a silver horizontal bar on the front of the container and this bar should be facing the street when the container is placed at the curb.
3. Government 101 Class of 2015 … Applications for this highly popular class are now being accepted. It is an 8 week course held on Tuesday evening at City Hall from 6 - 8 PM . The classes start on JUL 7 and conclude on AUG 24. To sign up go to … Government 101 Sign-Up NOW OPEN! The class is designed to enhance residents’ understanding of city government and services. Experience and discover how the city works and what is being done to make the City of Dunwoody a great place to live.
4. Dunwoody's Bi-Annual Household Hazardous Waste Recycling … This popular event will take place on JUL 26, 2015 at the Georgia Perimeter College, Parking Lot 11 off Womack Rd from 1 - 4 PM … rain or shine. Since this is a cost item for the city only Dunwoody residents will be allowed to drop items off. For items that are and are not accepted go to our city website … dunwoodyga.gov … and under the “For Residents” tab click on the “City Calendar” tab.
5. Dunwoody”s Independence Day Parade … This annual premier event - which is the largest July 4th Parade in Georgia - will kick off from it usual starting point at All Saints Catholic Church / Sprouts Market at 9 AM on Saturday July 4th. The entire parade route will be open so get there early to get yourself a prime viewing location. If you keep a sharp lookout I bet you will see me in the parade.
6. Other Events …
JUN 30th … 6 PM … Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) Community Open House at City Hall … This is one of the last CLUP meetings so come with your inputs.
JUL 2nd … 6 PM … Zoning Board of Appeals Meeting at City Hall.
JUL 9th … 7:45 AM … Sustainability Committee Meeting at City Hall.
7. That is all from here for today. Please pass this on to all your friends, neighbors, members of your HOA or anyone else you think maybe interested. If anyone would like to be added to my email list please let me know and I will make that happen. Thanks for your continued support and remember that each of us have a stake in our City and we are all neighbors so lets treat each other with respect and kindness. If you haven’t visited our new city website I recommend you give it a try at dunwoodyga.gov. Have a great day!