1. Voter Registration … Today is the last date in DeKalb County to register to vote in the November 3, 2015 Dunwoody city elections. You can register on line at the website below anytime before 1159 PM tonight. You will need a valid GA Drivers License or GA ID. If you do not have a valid GA Drivers License or Ga ID you can still register on line and as you go thru the process you will have to enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. You can also register by filling out all the required forms and mailing the forms to … DeKalb County Election Supervisor, Memorial Drive Complex, 4380 Memorial Dr, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032-1239 … it will have to be post marked with today’s date … October 5th. The phone # for the DC Election Office is 404-298-4020. https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov/GAOLVR/welcome.do#no-back-button
2. Voting … What you need to know…
Absentee Voting … If there is a possibility you will be out of town on November 3rd you should vote absentee to insure you get to vote.
Ballot applications can be submitted by Fax (404-298-4038), email (email@example.com) or US Mail (see the address in # 1 above) . Go to this website to get a ballot application - http://sos.ga.gov/admin/uploads/absentee_ballot_app_201431.pdf
Ballot will be mailed out to you starting October 12th (this is later than originally planned) … Fill it out and mailed it back to the address shown in # 1 above. You can also return it to the address shown in # 1 above in person.
Ballot must be received at the DeKalb County election office NLT 7 PM on November 3, 2015.
Early Voting in Person ….
The only location for early voting is 4380 Memorial Dr, Suite 330, Decatur, GA
Early voting starts October 12, 2015 and the hours are 8 AM to 4:30 PM on Monday through Friday only.
Last day to early vote is Friday, October 30th.
Election Day Voting … November 3 , 2015.
Voting is only at your normal local polling place … Voting hours are 7 AM to 7 PM.
3. 2016 Dunwoody City Budget … This budget can be seen on line at our Dunwoody City website … dunwoodyga.gov … or you can go direct to this website…http://dunwoodyga.gov/ckeditorfiles/files/Budgets_and_Financial_Reports/2016%20Proposed%20Budget%20Packet%208-28-15.pdf. The budget is a rather long document but if you look at the pages 8 - 13 and the last two pages you will have a good working knowledge of the budget. I would strongly encourage every citizen to take a close look at this budget and then contact your representative with your thoughts.
4. Parks Plan … The city is in the process of releasing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to rewrite the city parks plan. My plan is to form a Citizens Committee to rewrite the Parks Plan vs hiring a paid consultant. We can then use this money save for park enhancements. We have a lot of smart and interested citizens that can perform this task. The objective would be creating a 10 Year, Year by Year, Parks Plan to upgrade our parks. What are your thoughts?
5. Safety … We continue to have a lot of cars being broken into that are either unlocked or have valuable items in plain view. This is not only an inconvenience to the person it happens to but also takes up valuable police time that could be used by our police to patrol our city.
6. Campaign … My campaign is moving forward. I thanks each of you for your outstanding support. We have 29 days until election. I will continue to work each day to justify and earn your support. Also, mark your calendars for my “Election Night Countdown Party” at Marlow’s Tavern in Dunwoody Village starting at 7 PM.