1. State of the City Event …. This will take place tonight, Thursday, FEB 25 at the Crown Plaza Ravinia from 6 - 9 PM. In the spirit of President Andrew Jackson everyone in Dunwoody is invited and most welcome to attend. The emphasis will be on plans your city for 2016 and beyond across the spectrum. I will see you there.
2. Voting … The Presidential Primary will be held in Georgia on MAR 1 at your normal polling place. Polls will be open from 7 AM to 7 PM. Early voting for this primary can be done at our Dunwoody Library today and Friday during normal library hours.
3. More Voting … Primary elections for all state and local elections plus voting on the Education Special Local Optional Sales Tax (ESPLOST) will be held at your normal polling place on Tuesday, May 24 from 7 AM to 7 PM. More information of this primary issues later.
4. Parks Survey … The Dunwoody Parks Plan Survey will be mailed out soon to 5,000 residents on a random basis. We ask you to take the time to fill it out and returned the survey. We need your input. At a later time to be determined there will be an online survey on the Dunwoody website (dunwoodyga.gov) for citizens who didn’t receive the random survey.
5. Security … Folks we continue to have cars broken into in what is called “opportunity break-ins” where items of value are left in plain sight. Also breaking are occurring when someone observes you put something of value in your car and then you leave your car to do another errand, etc.. A third issue is ladies that are going to an exercise class, etc. and you leave your car without your purse … this is a sign to the “bad guy” that your purse is probably still in the car. Good use of common sense in the above cases will save you a lot of time, mental anguish and money. It will also allow our police more time to patrol our neighborhoods.
6. Safety … Folks we all just have to be vigilant and make sure we are stopping and yielding the right-of way to a person/s in or entering a crosswalk. We just have too many incidents of drivers not stopping for pedestrians in crosswalks in our city. It is an alarming problem.
7. Trash and Recycle Containers Switch Out / Resizing … Below is the information on “how to’ do this.
DeKalb Introduces Garbage Roll Cart Resizing with Phase II Program: Dunwoody Residents Can Switch/Rightsize Garbage Roll Carts
DeKalb County’s Sanitation Division announced the implementation of Phase II of the Rolling Forward to One sanitation service change. Phase II of the program provides residential customers in the City of Dunwoody with an opportunity to:
1. Rightsize your green garbage roll carts -- this involves switching to/from a 35-, 45-, 65- or 95-gallon green garbage roll cart. (Please note, a one-time, non-recurring $15 prepaid charge and mandatory recycling subscription will apply for all 95-gallon green garbage roll cart requests.)
2. Obtain additional green garbage roll carts beyond the one provided by the County during Phase I (Prepaid additional annual sanitation assessment fees and mandatory recycling subscription will apply.)
3. Request a 65-gallon blue recycling roll cart (a one-time, non-recurring $15 prepaid fee will apply)
To process one or more of these requests, residential customers can visit www.dekalbsanitation.com, click on the Sanitation Service Change Phase II link, complete and email the Residential Roll Cart Application to SanitationPhase2@dekalbcountyga.gov, or drop off or mail in a printed copy along with necessary payment at/to: Sanitation Division, Administrative Office, 3720 Leroy Scott Drive, Decatur, GA 30032.
What are the next steps once the roll cart application is submitted?
Generally, within a week of receipt of an application, a customer service team member will contact the customer with confirmation of receipt of the application, and provide further instructions. Follow-up instructions will include how to pay any required prepaid fees, and when the customer can anticipate receipt of the roll cart. For applications requiring no prepaid fees, generally, roll carts are delivered within 30 - 90 days of confirmation of the receipt of an application. For applications requiring prepaid fees, roll carts are generally delivered within 30 – 90 days from receipt of prepaid fees. Incomplete applications and the unavailability of carts requested can result in a delay in roll cart delivery. Prepaid fees for roll cart requests are nonrefundable, and all roll cart requests will be processed based on cart availability.
For detailed information, please review the frequently asked questions (FAQ) document or view the Public Service Announcement video contained under the Phase II category.
Inquiries regarding Phase II should be directed to the Sanitation Division’s customer service team at (404) 294-2900 or SanitationPhase2@dekalbcountyga.gov.
You may also visit the following the DeKalb County Sanitation Division website: www.dekalbsanitation.com.
8. That is all for this morning. Please pass this on to your friends, neighbors and members of your HOA. If anyone wants to be added to my email list just let me know. Thanks for all you do to make us a great city. Lets all work to create an atmosphere of mutual respect that we all desire!
Let Us Continue to Build Our City Together!