1. The New Park in Dunwoody Grand Opening … Tomorrow evening at 4 PM there will be a ribbon cutting to mark the grand opening of our new city park located at a Shallowford Rd and Pernoshal Ct. After the ribbon cutting it will a night of festivities including a “pickle ball” demo, a little basketball, music, food trucks and concluded with a movie (Disney Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur”) shown under the stars concluding at about 9:30 PM. Come join your fellow citizens for a night of fun.
2. Annual Paper Shredding Day … It is this Saturday from 9 AM to 12 PM at Harry Norman Reality’s office parking lot at 4848 Ashford Dunwoody Rd. Sponsors are our good business citizens… Harry Norman Reality, East 48th Street Market, Secure Shredding and the great ladies of the Dunwoody Women’s Club. Rules are up the 5 boxes or bags / household, paper with staples and paper clips are OK, no 3-ring binders or hard drives and you must stay with your items and watch your items be shredded.
3. Annual DNC Monarchs and Margaritas … This fun filled event takes place this Saturday night from 6 -9 PM. The location of the event this year is at the DNC in Dunwoody Park. There will be some food, drinks, live music, an auction and just a darn good time. All proceeds go to enhance the DNC facilities. Dress code is your favorite pair of boots and whatever goes with that? … it is a Southern Chic Party. The only boots I have are the ones I wear working on the farm … hint, I need to borrow a pair … 10 1/2 D.
4. Paving … The paving of Mt Vernon Rd from Vernon Springs to Ashford Dunwoody Rd has been completed. There are a couple items that need touching up but overall it looks like a quality job. Once the asphalt has cured it will be stripped. The bids on the RFP for paving the streets on the 2016 paving list are due to the city on May 9th. Our plan is to start that paving as soon as school is out.
5. Tag Kiosk … The first two Georgia Car Tag Renewal Kiosks will be opened in DC very soon. Unfortunately neither of the first two will be convient to Dunwoody. The first ones are located in Kroger stores in Decatur and south DC. I don’t have any timelines of when one will be opening in our neighborhood.
6. That is all for this evening. Please pass this on to your friends, neighbors and members of your HOA. If anyone wants to be added to my email list just let me know. Thanks for all each of you do to make us a great city. Let us all work to create an atmosphere of mutual respect that we all desire!
Let Us Continue to Build Our City Together!