The plan is to also discuss this issue as a “First Read” at the OCT 24 City Council meeting with a vote to the taken at the NOV 14 City Council meeting.
2. Elections … Election Day is NOV 8, 2016. This is a Federal (President, US Senator and US House of Representatives) and GA State Senate and Representatives. Voting will be at your normal polling locations from 7 AM - 7 PM.
Early Voting … In DC Early Voting starts today and goes through NOV 4. Locations close to Dunwoody with dates and times when the polls will be open for early voting are ….
North DeKalb - Tucker Recreational Center, 4898 LaVista Rd, Tucker, GA … M - Fr 10/17 - 11/4 7 AM - 7 PM and Saturdays 10/22 & 10/29 7 AM - 7 PM (No Sunday voting)
Dunwoody Library, 5339 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd and Brookhaven City Hall, 4362 Peachtree RD, NE, Brookhaven, GA … M - Fr 10/31 - 11/4 only … from 7 AM - 7 PM. (No weekend voting at either of these locations).
Absentee Voting … You may vote absentee by submitting an absentee ballot application electronically, fax or by mail not later than OCT 29, 2016.
Submitting by Fax or US Mail … go to http://web.dekalbcountyga.gov/Voter/pdf/absentee.pdf then on the left side of the page select “Applications and Forms” and then select “Absentee Ballot Application” (in the middle of the page) fill out the application and fax to 404-298-4038 or mail to DeKalb County Voter Registration and Elections, 4380 Memorial Dr, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032. You will receive your ballot very quickly then fill out your ballot and mail in the envelope you receive with the ballot.
Submitting Electronically follow the instructions above then after you have fill out your application, scan it and then attach it to an email to VoterReg@DeKalbCountyga.gov.
3. Haunted Farm Tour … This event, sponsored by our Boy Scout Troop 477, is on OCT 22 from 3 PM to 9 PM at the Donaldson-Bannister Farm located at the corner of Chamblee Dunwoody Rd and Vermack Rd. You will meet all kinds Dunwoody historical characters and the event also includes games, crafts, music, food and … Fun for the whole Family! The money raised go to help send boys to summer camp and provide funds for boys who can’t afford to participate in scouting.
4. Drought … The GA Environmental Protection Division (EPD) has declared DC and 52 other counties in GA as "Level 1 Drought.” The main restriction is a Georgia law that limits outdoor watering to the hours between 4 PM - 10 AM. For more details visit GA EPD’s “My Drop Counts” on the GA EPD’s website … http://epd.georgia.gov/sites/epd.georgia.gov/files/related_files/FINAL-MDC_ConservationBrochure_Final.pdf
5. Security … The Christmas shopping season is already starting. Almost all of us shop in stores and on-line. However, there are a few of the "bad guys” that shop by looking in cars where folks have left valuables, gifts, etc. in plain sight. Don’t be a victim this Christmas season and as well as all year round … keep your gifts, valuables, etc out of view in your car. Also be aware of your surroundings as you walk to you car in a parking lot with your gifts in hand. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!
6. That is all for this afternoon. Please pass this on to your friends, neighbors and members of your HOA. If anyone wants to be added to my email list just let me know. Thanks for all each of you do to make us a great city family. Let us all work to create an atmosphere of mutual respect and quality of life that we all desire!
Let Us Continue to Build Our City Together!